Comics Picks of The Week 24.12.2013
Well, here we are. This will be the final CPoTW post of the year, even though today is the last new comic book day of 2013. Just the way these schedules all work out and all.
Moving on, this was a somewhat light week in some respects since I didn’t get around to as many comics as I wanted to. Quite a few titles slipped through the cracks, which is happening more and more given the sheer volume of how many comics are (generally) released each and every week. Still, one bright ray of sunshine in all of this was that I managed to read three entire graphic novels this week, all of them for Batgirl, with one featuring Cassandra Cain and the other two featuring Stephanie Brown, both characters who are much in demand among several outspoken communities of fans to be revived in the New 52. Having read these graphic novels, I certainly agree with that!
Previous Comics Picks of the Week:
- New 52: Forever Evil #4 by Geoff Johns and David Finch (Review)
- New 52: Justice League #26 by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis (Review)
- New 52: Nightwing #26 by Kyle Higgins and Will Conrad
- Origin II #1 by Kieron Gillen and Adam Kubert (Review)
- Robotech/Voltron #1 by Tommy Yune and Elmer Damaso
- The Guild #1 by Felicia Day and Jim Rugg
- Batgirl v2 Volume 1 by Adam Beechen and Jim Calafiore (Review)
- Batgirl v3 Volume 1 by Bryan Q. Miller and Lee Garbett
- Batgirl v3 Volume 2 by Bryan Q. Miller and Lee Garbett
- The Amazing Spider-Man #700.2 by David Morrell and Klaus Janson (Review)
- Star Trek Annual 2013 by John Byrne
Origin II #1 by Kieron Gillen and Adam Kubert
New 52: Nightwing #26 by Kyle Higgins and Will Conrad
Batgirl v2 Volume 1 by Adam Beechen and Jim Calafiore
The Amazing Spider-Man #700.2 by David Morrell and Klaus Janson
Posted on December 31, 2013, in Comics Picks of the Week and tagged Adam Beechen, Adam Kubert, Atomica, Batgirl, Batgirl v2 Volume 1, Batgirl v3 Volume 1, Batgirl v3 Volume 2, Batman, Bones McCoy, Bryan Q. Miller, Captain Cold, Captain Kirk, Cassandra Cain, Comics, Comics Picks of the Week, Crime Syndicate, Dark Horse Comics, David Finch, David Morrell, DC Comics, Deathstroke, Dynamite Entertainment, Earth 3, Elmer Damaso, Event Comics, Evil, Felicia Day, Forever Evil, Forever Evil #4, Geoff Johns, Gotham, Hal Jordan, IDW Publishing, Injustice League, Ivan Reis, James Howlett, Jim Calafiore, Jim Rugg, John Byrne, Johnny Quick, Justice League, Justice League #26, Kieron Gillen, Klaus Janson, Kyle Higgins, Lee Garbett, Lex Luthor, Marvel, Marvel Comics, Mr. Spock, Mutants, New 52, Nightwing, Nightwing #26, Origin II #1, Peter Parker, Robotech, Robotech/Voltron #1, Rogues, Science Fiction, Space Opera, Spider-Man, Star Trek, Star Trek Annual 2013, Stephanie Brown, Superheroes, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Amazing Spider-Man #700.2, The Guild, The Guild #1, The Oracle, Tie-In, Tommy Yune, Voltron, Will Conrad, Wolverine, Wolverine: Origin. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.