Comics Picks of The Week 29.01.2014
Not as busy a week as the last but fairly busy nonetheless. The new creative teams on various ongoing titles continue to go strong, particularly Justice League Dark and Witchblade while some of the newer titles like Black Science continue to be exception, so that’s one thing that I really liked about this past week. January in particular has been a really excellent month of comics what with Marvel’s full-on All-New Marvel NOW! launch and some really good issues for DC’s Forever Evil event.
Just one graphic novel again this week, the Lee/Buscema magnificence that is Silver Surfer: Judgement. I was meaning to read at least one more, but time wasn’t on my side and I missed out. Hopefully the new month gets off to a good start.
Previous Comics Picks of the Week:
- Black Science #3 by Rick Remender, Matteo Scalera, Dean White and Rus Wooton (Review)
- Conan and the People of the Black Circle #4 by Fred Van Lente, Ariel Olivetti, Richard Starkings and Comicraft
- Li’l Sonja #1 by Jim Zub, Joel Carroll, Andrew Elder, and Simon Bowland (Review)
- Marvel Knights: X-Men #3 by Brahm Revel and Cristiane Peter (Review)
- Marvel Now: Inhumanity #2 by Matt Fraction, Nick Bradshaw, Todd Nauck, Antonia Fabela and Andres Mossa (Review)
- Marvel Now: Revolutionary War – Knights of Pendragon #1 by Rob Williams, Will Sliney, Veronica Gandini and VC’s Clayton Cowles (Review)
- New 52: Aquaman #27 by Jeff Parker, Paul Pelletier, Netho Diaz, Sean Parsons, Ruy Jose and Rod Reis (Review)
- New 52: Catwoman #27 by Ann Nocenti, Patrick Olliffe, Cliff Richards, Sonia Oback, Tom Nguyen and Travis Lanham (Review)
- New 52: Justice League Dark #27 by J. M. DeMatteis, Mikel Janin, Vicente Cifuentes, Guillermo Ortgo, Jeromy Cox and Rob Leigh (Review)
- New 52: The Flash #27 by Brian Buccellato, Patrick Zircher, Matt Hollingsworth and Carlos M. Mangual (Review)
- Serenity: Leaves On The Wind #1 by Zack Whedon, Georges Jeanty, Karl Story, Laura Martin and Michael Heisler (Review)
- Silver Surfer: Judgement by Stan Lee, John Buscema and Max Scheele
- Witchblade #172 by Ron Marz, Laura Braga and Betsy Gonia (Review)
Black Science #3
Posted on February 5, 2014, in Comics Picks of the Week and tagged Albion, Andres Mossa, Andrew Elder, Angelus, Ann Nocenti, Antonia Fabela, Aquaman, Aquaman #27, Ariel Olivetti, Arthur Curry, Atlantis, Barry Allen, Betsy Gonia, Black Science, Black Science #3, Blight, Brahm Revel, Brian Buccellato, Captain America, Carlos M. Mangual, Catwoman, Catwoman #27, Cliff Richards, Comicraft, Comics, Comics Picks of the Week, Conan, Conan and the People of the Black Circle, Conan and the People of the Black Circle #4, Constantine, Cosmic, Cristiane Peter, Dark Horse Comics, DC Comics, Deadman, Dean White, Dynamite Entertainment, Evil, Fantasy, Firefly, Forever Evil, Forever Evil: Blight, Fred van Lente, Galactucs, Gawain the Green Knight, Georges Jeanty, Gothtopia, Guillermo Ortgo, Heroic Fantasy, Horror, Image Comics, Inhumanity, Inhumanity #2, Inhumans, J.M. DeMatteis, Jeff Parker, Jeromy Cox, Jim Zub, Joel Carroll, John Buscema, Justice League Dark, Justice League Dark #27, Karl Story, Kitty Pryde, Knights of Pendragon, Laura Braga, Laura Martin, Li'l Sonja, Li'l Sonja #1, Magdalena, Marvel Comics, Marvel Knights, Marvel Knights: X-Men, Marvel Knights: X-Men #3, Marvel Now, Marvel UK, Matt Fraction, Matt Hollingsworth, Matteo Scalera, Max Scheele, Mephisto, Michael Heisler, Mikel Janin, Mutants, Netho Diaz, New 52, Nick Bradshaw, Nova, Patrick Olliffe, Patrick Zircher, Paul Pelletier, Pete Wisdom, Phantom Stranger, Pulp SF, Queen Medusa, Red Sonja, Revolutionary War, Revolutionary War: Knights of Pendragon #1, Richard Starkings, Rick Remender, Rob Leigh, Rob Williams, Rod Reis, Rogue, Ron Marz, Rus Wooton, Ruy Jose, Sara Pezzini, science fantasy, Science Fiction, Sean Parsons, Selina Kyle, Serenity, Serenity: Leaves On The Wind, Serenity: Leaves On The Wind #1, Silver Surfer, Silver Surfer: Judgement, Simon Bowland, Sonia Oback, Space Opera, Space Western, Stan Lee, Superheroes, Supernatural, Supervillains, Swamp Thing, Swords and Sorcery, The Darkness, The Flash, The Flash #27, Time Travel, Todd Nauck, Tom Nguyen, Top Cow, Travis Lanham, Union Jack, Urban SF, VC's Clayton Cowles, Veronica Gandini, Vicente Cifuentes, Warrior Women, Will Sliney, Witchblade, Witchblade #172, Wolverine, X-Men, Zack Whedon, Zatanna, Zombie Arthur. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.