Comics Picks For 12.02.2014
A stable week for a change and this meant that I was able to read some more comics this time. Didn’t get through quite as many as I wanted to, and I certainly didn’t get around to reviewing as many as I wanted to, but that’s fine really. Gotta take a bit of an occasional lighter load I think. Most of the Marvel books I read this week weren’t all that impressive (as the top picks at the end will show), but DC was better. And Vertigo’s newest series looks to be damn good too, can’t wait to check out the second issue of that next month.
And I did manage to begin my Flash New 52 read-through finally with volume 1 last night, so that’s something there. Planning to read a lot of graphic novels this year, mostly in terms of catching up with series I’ve missed out on, so we shall see how it all pans out.
Anyway, here’s another edition of this new feature. Full reading list, as always, is available here and all my comics reviews are available here.
Previous Comics Picks of the Week:
- Coffin Hill #5 by Caitlin Kittredge, Inaki Miranda, Eva de la Cruz and Travis Lanham
- Marvel Knights: X-Men #4 by Brahm Revel, Cristiane Peter and VC’s Joe Sabino
- Marvel Now: Punisher #1 by Nathan Edmondson, Mitch Gerads and VC’s Cory Petit
- Marvel Now: Revolutonary War – Death’s Head II #1 by Alan Cowsill, Andy Lanning, Nick Roche, Veronica Gandini and VC’s Clayton Cowles (Review)
- Marvel Now: She-Hulk #1 by Charles Soule, Javier Pulido, Muntsa Vicente and VC’s Clayton Cowles (Review)
- Marvel Now: Winter Soldier – Bitter March #1 by Rick Remender, Roland Boschi, Chris Chuckry and VC’s Clayton Cowles
- Marvel Now: X-Force #1 by Simon Spurrier, Rock-He Kim and VC’s Joe Sabino (Review)
- New 52: Batgirl #28 by Gail Simone, Fernando Pasarin, Jonathan Glapion, Blond and Dezi Sienty (Review)
- New 52: Batman #28 by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Dustin Nguyen, Derek Fridolfs, John Kalisz and Sal Cipriano (Review)
- New 52: Forever Evil – Rogues Rebellion #5 by Brian Buccellato, Scott Hepburn, Nick Filardi, Carlos M. Mangual and Dezi Sienty (Review)
- New 52: Justice League 3000 #3 by Keith Giffen, J. M. DeMatteis, Howard Porter, Hi-Fi and Sal Cipriano (Review)
- New 52: The Flash Volume 1 by Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato, Ian Herring, Sal Cipriano and Wes Abbott
- The Royals: Masters of War #1 by Rob Williams, Simon Coleby, JD Mettler and Wes Abbott
Marvel Knights: X-Men #4
Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion #5
The Royals: Masters of War #1
Posted on February 19, 2014, in Comics Picks of the Week and tagged 31st Century, Action, Alan Cowsill, Andy Lanning, Atomica, Barbara Gordon, Barry Allen, Batgirl, Batgirl #28, Batman, Batman #28, Batman: Eternal, Black Magic, Blond, Bluebird, Brahm Revel, Brian Buccellato, Bucky Barnes, Cable, CADMUS, Caitlin Kittredge, Captain Britain, Captain Cold, Carlos M. Mangual, Catwoman, Charles Soule, Chris Chuckry, Coffin Hill, Coffin Hill #5, Cold War, Comics, Comics Picks of the Week, Crime, Crime Syndicate, Crime Syndicate of America, Cristiane Peter, DC Comics, Death's Head, Death's Head II, Derek Fridolfs, Dezi Sienty, Dimensional Travel, Dr. Elias, Dustin Nguyen, Eva de la Cruz, Evil, Fantasy, Fantomex, Fernando Pasarin, Flash, Forever Evil, Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion, Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion #5, Francis Manapul, Frank Castle, Gail Simone, Gotham, Green Lantern, Grodd, Hi-Fi, Historical Fiction, Horror, Howard Porter, Hulk, Ian Herring, Inaki Miranda, Iris West, Iron Man, J.M. DeMatteis, James Tynion IV, Javier Pulido, JD Mettler, Jennifer Walters, John Kalisz, Johnny Quick, Jonathan Glapion, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League 3000 #3, Keith Giffen, Kitty Pryde, Lawers, Leonard Snart, Lisa Snart, magic, Marrow, Marvel Comics, Marvel Knights, Marvel Knights: X-Men, Marvel Knights: X-Men #4, Marvel Now, Marvel UK, Mirror Master, Mitch Gerads, Muntsa Vicente, Mutants, Mys-Tech, Nathan Edmondson, New 52, Nick Filardi, Nick Fury, Nick Roche, Nobility, Patty Spivot, Psylocke, Punisher, Punisher #1, Religion, Revolutionary War, Revolutonary War: Death's Head II, Revolutonary War: Death's Head II #1, Rick Remender, Rob Williams, Robot, Rock-He Kim, Rogue, Rogues, Roland Boschi, Royal Flush Gang, Royalty, Sal Cipriano, science fantasy, Science Fiction, Scott Hepburn, Scott Snyder, Selina Kyle, She-Hulk, She-Hulk #1, SHIELD, Simon Coleby, Simon Spurrier, Spoiler, Stephanie Brown, Superheroes, Superman, Supernatural, Superpowered Royalty, Supervillains, The Flash, The Flash Volume 1, The Royals: Masters of War, The Royals: Masters of War #1, Time Travel, Travis Lanham, Trickster, Urban Fantasy, Vampires, VC's Clayton Cowles, VC's Cory Petit, VC's Joe Sabino, Veronica Gandini, Vertigo Comics, Violence, Weather Wizard, Wes Abbott, Winter Soldier, Winter Soldier: Bitter March, Winter Soldier: Bitter March #1, Wolverine, Wonder Woman, World War II, X-Force, X-Force #1, X-Men, Young Adult. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.
Pingback: Comics Picks For 19.02.2014 | Shadowhawk's Shade
Pingback: Comics Picks For 05.03.2014 | Shadowhawk's Shade
Pingback: Comics Picks For 12.03.2014 | Shadowhawk's Shade
Pingback: Comics Picks For 19.03.2014 | Shadowhawk's Shade