Comics Picks For 19.03.2014
This was a pretty incredible week, I must say. In addition to all the usual new releases I ended up reading, I also began my re-read/catch-up of DC’s Forever Evil: Blight event. Since I wasn’t reading the Constantine and Pandora titles for this event, I ended up missing out on a fair bit of story, and this catch-up is intended to fix that. Consequently, I read more than I usually do, except when I manage to read trades, if you count it like that. Still, the overall experience was pretty incredible, so there is that.
Thankfully, most of the comics I read this week were excellent, as evidenced by the fact that I picked a top 7 instead of a top 6 this time, on account of all that I read. If you read any of these, let me know!
Previous Comics Picks of the Week:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #1 by Christos Gage, Rebekah Isaacs, Dan Jackson, Richard Starkings and Jimmy Betancourt (Review)
- Lazarus #7 by Greg Rucka, Michael Lark, Santi Arcas and Brian Level (Review)
- Marvel Now: All-New Invaders #2 by James Robinson, Steve Pugh, Guru-eFX and VC’s Cory Petit (Review)
- Marvel Now: Daredevil #1 by Mark Waid, Chris Samnee, Javier Rodriguez and VC’s Joe Caramagna (Review)
- Marvel Now: Iron Man #23 by Kieron Gillen, Luke Ross, Guru-eFX and VC’s Joe Caramagna (Review)
- Marvel Now: Ms. Marvel #2 by G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona, Ian Herring and VC’s Joe Caramagna (Review)
- Marvel Now: Revolutionary War: Warheads #1 by Andy Lanning, Alan Cowsill, Gary Erskine, Yel Zamor and VC’s Clayton Cowles (Review)
- Marvel Now: Superior Spider-Man Annual #2 by Christos Gage, Javier Rodriguez, Phillipe Briones, Veronica Gandini, Alvaro Lopez and VC’s Clayton Cowles (Review)
- New 52: Constantine #9 by Ray Fawkes, Aco Beni Lobel, Brad Anderson and Taylor Esposito
- New 52: Harley Quinn #4 by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Stephane Roux, Paul Mounts and John J. Hill (Review)
- New 52: Justice League Dark #24-26 by J. M. DeMatteis, Mikel Janin, Jeromy Cox, Vicente Cifuentes, Guillermo Ortego, Jordi Tarragona, Rob Leigh and Steve Wands (Review #24), (Review #25), (Review #26)
- New 52: Pandora #6 by Ray Fawkes, Francis Portela, Staz Johnson and Travis Lanham
- New 52: Superman Unchained #6 by Scott Snyder, Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Dustin Nguyen, Alex Sinclair and Sal Cipriano (Review)
- New 52: The Phantom Stranger #14 by J. M. DeMatteis, Fernando Blanco, Brad Anderson and Travis Lanham (Review)15.
- Rocket Girl #4 by Brandon Montclare and Amy Reeder (Review)
- Samurai Jack #6 by Jim Zub, Brittney Williams, Josh Burcham and Shawn Lee (Review)
- X-O Manowar #23 by Robert Venditti, Diego Bernard, Alejandro Sicat, Brian Reber and Dave Sharpe (Review)
Posted on March 26, 2014, in Comics Picks of the Week and tagged Aco Beni Lobel, Adrian Alphona, Alan Cowsill, Alejandro Sicat, Alex Sinclair, Aliens, All-New Invaders, All-New Invaders #2, All-New Marvel NOW!, Alvaro Lopez, Amanda Conner, Amy Reeder, Andy Lanning, Aric, Batman, Black Magic, Blight, Brad Anderson, Brandon Montclare, Brian Level, Brian Reber, British Superheroes, Brittney Williams, Buffy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #1, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, Chris Samnee, Christos Gage, Comics, Comics Picks of the Week, Constantine, Constantine #9, Crime, Crime Syndicate, Dan Jackson, Daredevil, Daredevil #1, Dark Horse, Dave Sharpe, DC Comics, Diego Bernard, Dustin Nguyen, Evil, Fernando Blanco, Forever Evil, Forever Evil: Blight, Francis Portela, G. Willow Wilson, Gary Erskine, Goblin Nation, Gotham, Greek Mythology, Green Goblin, Greg Rucka, Guillermo Ortego, Guru-eFx, Harleen Quinzel, Harley Quinn, Harley Quinn #4, Hobgoblin, Horror, Human Torch, Ian Herring, IDW Publishing, Image Comics, Inhumanity, Inhumans, Invaders, Iron Man, Iron Man #23, J.M. DeMatteis, James Robinson, Javier Rodriguez, Jeromy Cox, Jim Lee, Jim Zub, Jimmy Betancourt, Jimmy Palmiotti, John J. Hill, Joker, Jordi Tarragona, Josh Burcham, Justice League Dark, Justice League Dark #24-26, Kamala Khan, Kieron Gillen, Kree, Lazarus, Lazarus #7, Lois Lane, Luke Ross, magic, Malekith the Accursed, Mandarin, Mark Waid, Marvel Comics, Marvel Now, Marvel UK, Matt Murdock, Michael Lark, Mikel Janin, Ms. Marvel, Ms. Marvel #2, New 52, Nightmare Nurse, Otto Octavius, Pandora, Pandora #6, Paul Mounts, Phantom Stranger, Phil Urich, Phillipe Briones, Post-Apocalyptic, Ray Fawkes, Rebekah Isaacs, Religion, Revolutionary War, Revolutionary War: Warheads, Revolutionary War: Warheads #1, Richard Starkings, Rob Leigh, Robert Venditti, Rocket Girl, Rocket Girl #4, Sal Cipriano, Samurai, Samurai Jack, Samurai Jack #6, San Fransisco, Santi Arcas, Sawmp Thing, Science Fiction, Scott Snyder, Scott Williams, Shawn Lee, Space Opera, Spider-Man, Spike, Staz Johnson, Stephane Roux, Steve Pugh, Steve Wands, Superheroes, Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Annual #2, Superman, Superman Unchained, Superman Unchained #6, Supernatural, Supervillains, Swords and Sorcery, Taylor Esposito, Techno-sorcery, Teen Superheroes, The Man Without Fear, The Phantom Stranger #14, The Question, Thor, Time Travel, Tony Stark, Travis Lanham, TV Show Tie-in, Valiant Comics, Vampires, VC's Clayton Cowles, VC's Cory Petit, VC's Joe Caramagna, Veronica Gandini, Vicente Cifuentes, Warheads, Winter Sodier, X-O Manowar, X-O Manowar #23, Yel Zamor, Zombies, Zompires. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.