Comics Picks For 09.04.2014
Another great week this time. Lots of fun new tiles and old ones returning for new installments. The highlight of the week had to be the upcoming graphic novel by Paul Dini and Joe Quinones Jr. for which I managed to get a review copy. Long live NetGalley! And the graphic novel definitely delivered on its promise too, although there were a few things that I didn’t like so much.
With all the new series coming out, its definitely a good time to be in comics, and most of all if you have been a fan of certain series like Daredevil and Unity. I’m still behind on certain series though and there are a lot of comics that I am behind on, as I was painfully made aware this past week. And the pile is mounting every week. Just too many things to stay current with.
Previous Comics Picks of the Week:
- Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell by Paul Dini and Joseph A. Quinones Jr.
- Caliban #1 by Garth Ennis, Facundo Percio, Sebastian Cabrol, Hernan Cabrera and Kurt Hathaway (Review)
- Flash Gordon #1 by Jeff Parker, Evan Shaner, Jordie Bellaire, Simon Bowland, Gabriel Hardman, Jonathan Case, Declan Shalvey, Marc Laming, Stephen Mooney, Ken Haeser and Nate Cosby (Review)
- Lola XOXO #1 by Siya Oum and Josh Reed
- Marvel Now: Captain Marvel #2 by Kelly Sue DeConnick, David Lopez, Lee Loughridge, VC’s Joe Caramagna, J. G. Jones and Laura Martin (Review)
- Marvel Now: Daredevil #1.50 by Mark Waid, Javier Rodriguez, Alvaro Lopez, VC’s Joe Caramagna, Paolo Rivera, Marcos Martin, Chris Samnee, Brian Michael Bendis, Alex Maleev, Matt Hollingsworth, Karl Kesel, Kurt Kesel, Tom Palmer and Grace Allison (Review)
- Marvel Now: Deadpool #27 by Brian Posehn, Gerry Duggan, Mike Hawthorne, Jordie Bellaire, VC’s Joe Sabino, Scott Koblish, Val Staples, Fabian Nicieza, Scott Hepburn, Mark Waid, John McCrea, Andrew Elder, Joe Kelly, Paco Medina, Juan Velasco, David Curiel, Christopher Priest, Niko Henrichon, Jimmy Palmiotti, John Timms, Veronica Gandini, Frank Tieri, Dexter Soy, Gail Simone, Alvin Lee, Daniel Way, Irene Y. Lee and Caro Barberi (Review)
- Marvel Now: Iron Fist: Living Weapon #1 by Kaare Kyle Andrews (Review)
- Marvel Now: Iron Man #24 by Kieron Gillen, Luke Ross, Guru e-FX, Michael Del Mundo, Joe Caramagna, Pascal Campion, Mike Perkins and Andy Troy
- Marvel Now: Nightcrawler #1 by Chris Claremont, Todd Nauck and Chris Samnee (Review)
- Marvel Now: Secret Avengers #2 by Ales Kot, Michael Walsh, Matthew Wilson, VC’s Clayton Cowles and Tradd Moore (Review)
- New 52: Batgirl #30 by Marguerite Bennett, Robert Gill, Romulo Fajardo Jr, Dezi Sienty, Clay Mann and Paul Mounts (Review)
- New 52: Batman: Eternal #1 by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Jason Fabok, Brad Anderson, Nick J. Napolitano and Tomeu Morey (Review)
- New 52: Justice League #3000 by Keith Giffen, J. M. DeMatteis, Raymund Bermudez, Wayne Fauchner, Hi-Fi and Travis Lanham (Review)
- Smallville: Lantern #2 by Bryan Q. Miller, Marcio Takara, Carrie Strachan, Saida Temofonte and Cat Staggs
- The Royals: Masters of War #3 by Rob Williams, Simon Coleby, J. D. Mettler and Wes Abbott (Review)
- Unity #6 by Matt Kindt, CAFU, Brian Reber, Dave Sharpe, Clayton Crain, Raul Allen and Michael Walsh (Review)
Posted on April 16, 2014, in Comics Picks of the Week and tagged Action, Action-Adventure, Agent Coulson, AIM, Ales Kot, Alex Maleev, Alvaro Lopez, Alvin Lee, Andrew Elder, Andy Troy, Aspen Entertainment, Avatar Press, Barbara Gordon, Batgirl, Batgirl #30, Batman, Batman: Eternal, Batman: Eternal #1, Black Canary, Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell, Black Widow, Brad Anderson, Brian Michael Bendis, Brian Posehn, Brian Reber, Bryan Q. Miller, CAFU, Caliban, Caliban #1, Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel #2, Caro Barberi, Carrie Strachan, Cat Staggs, Chris Claremont, Chris Samnee, Christopher Priest, Clay Mann, Clayton Crain, Comics, Comics Picks of the Week, Crime, Daniel Way, Danny Rand, Daredevil, Daredevil #1.50, Dave Sharpe, David Curiel, David Lopez, DC Comics, Deadpool, Deadpool #27, Deadpool Wedding, Declan Shalvey, Dexter Soy, Dezi Sienty, Disabled Superheroes, Dr. Silk, Dynamite Entertainment, Eternal Warrior, Evan Shaner, Fabian Nicieza, Facundo Percio, Female Superheroes, Firestorm, Flash Gordon, Flash Gordon #1, Frank Tieri, Gabriel Hardman, Gail Simone, Garth Ennis, Gerry Duggan, Gotham, Grace Allison, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Guru e-FX, Hawkeye, Hell's Kitchen, Hernan Cabrera, Hi-Fi, Horror, Irene Y. Lee, Iron Fist, Iron Fist: Living Weapon, Iron Fist: Living Weapon #1, Iron Man, Iron Man #24, J. D. Mettler, J. G. Jones, J.M. DeMatteis, James Tynion IV, Jason Fabok, Javier Rodriguez, Jeff Parker, Jimmy Palmiotti, Joe Caramagna, Joe Kelly, John McCrea, John Stewart, John Timms, Jonathan Case, Jordie Bellaire, Joseph A. Quinones Jr., Josh Reed, Juan Velasco, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Kaare Kyle Andrews, Karl Kesel, Keith Giffen, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Ken Haeser, Kieron Gillen, Kurt Hathaway, Kurt Kesel, Kurt Wagner, Laura Martin, Lee Loughridge, Livewire, Lola XOXO, Lola XOXO #1, Luke Ross, magic, Malekith, Malekith the Accursed, Man Without Fear, Mandarin, Marc Laming, Marcio Takara, Marcos Martin, Marguerite Bennett, Maria Hill, Mark Waid, Martial Arts, Marvel, Marvel Comics, Marvel Now, Matt Hollingsworth, Matt Kindt, Matt Murdock, Matthew Wilson, Merc With A Mouth, Mercenaries, Michael Del Mundo, Michael Walsh, Mike Hawthorne, Mike Perkins, Modok, Mutants, Nate Cosby, New 52, New York, Nick Fury, Nick J. Napolitano, Nightcrawler, Nightcrawler #1, Niko Henrichon, Ninjak, Paco Medina, Paolo Rivera, Pascal Campion, Paul Dini, Paul Mounts, Phil Coulson, Post-Apocalyptic Fiction, Power Ring, Pulp Heroes, Raul Allen, Raymund Bermudez, Rings of the Mandarin, Rob Williams, Robert Gill, Romulo Fajardo Jr., Royalty, Saida Temofonte, San Fransisco, Science Fiction, Science Horror, Scott Hepburn, Scott Koblish, Scott Snyder, Sebastian Cabrol, Secret Avengers, Secret Avengers #2, Simon Bowland, Simon Coleby, Siya Oum, Smallville, Smallville Season 11, Smallville: Lantern, Smallville: Lantern #2, Space Opera, Spider-Woman, Stephen Mooney, Superheroes, Superman, Supervillains, Television Tie-In, The Flash, The Royals: Masters of War, The Royals: Masters of War #3, Todd Nauck, Tom Palmer, Tomeu Morey, Tony Stark, Tradd Moore, Travis Lanham, Unity, Unity #6, Val Staples, Valiant Comics, VC's Clayton Cowles, VC's Joe Caramagna, VC's Joe Sabino, Veronica Gandini, Vertigo Comics, Vigilante, Wade Wilson, Wayne Fauchner, Wes Abbott, Wonder Woman, World War II, X-Men, X-O Manowar, Zatanna. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.