Comics Picks For 01.10.2014
After two straight weeks of reading 38 singles and 2 graphic novels, this week saw me lagging behind, with only 36 singles read and no graphic novels at all. Makes me kind of sad since there were comics that I was really looking forward to reading in GN format, but I just couldn’t get the time, and I’m seriously behind on my novel reading as well.
The surprise hits of this week were Brides of Helheim #1 from Oni Press, The Damnation of Charlie Wormwood #1 from Dynamite Entertainment and Gotham Academy #1 from DC Comics. The disappointing comics of this week were Fantastic Four Annual #1 from Marvel Comics and Green Arrow #35 and Green Lantern & New Gods: Godhead #1 both from DC Comics. Titles like Death from Wolverine #3 from Marvel, Angel & Faith Season 10 #7 from Dark Horse Comics, and Grayson #3 from DC comics continued to rock it.
Previous Comics Picks of the Week:
- American Vampire: Second Cycle #5 by Scott Snyder, Matias Bergara, Dave McCaig, Steve Wands and Rafael Albuquerque
- Angel & Faith Season 10 #7 by Victor Gischler, Will Conrad, Michelle Madsen, Starkings, Comicraft’s Jimmy Betancourt and Scott Fischer
- Armor Hunters: Aftermath #1 by Robert Venditti, Cafu, Diego Bernard, Brent Peeples, Mico Suayan, Brian Reber and Dave Sharpe
- Arrow Season 2.5 #3 by Marc Guggenheim, Keto Shimizu, Joe Bennett, Craig Yeung, Szymon Kudranski, Jim Charalampidis and Deron Bennett (Review)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Halloween Special #1 by Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale, Gregory Wright and Todd Klein
- Brides of Helheim #1 by Cullen Bunn, Joelle Jones, Nick Filardi and CRANK! (Review)
- Cloaks #2 by Caleb Monroe, Mariano Navarro, Gabriel Cassata, Ed Dukeshire and W. Scott Forbes
- Cutter #1 by Robert Place Napton, Seamus Kevin Fahey, Christian DiBari, Troy Peteri and Michael Spicer
- Doctor Who: Eleventh Doctor #3 by Rob Williams, Simon Fraser, Richard Starkings, Comicraft’s Jimmy Betancourt, Gary Caldwell and Verity Glass
- Fiction Squad #1 by Paul Jenkins, Ramon Bachs, Leonardo Paciarotti, Jim Campbell and Eldgar Delgado
- Grimm Fairy Tales: Masumi #3 by Pat Shand, Joe Brusha, Ralph Tedesco, Joe Tyler, Sergio Osuna, Francesca Zambon, Jim Campbell, Harvey Tolibao and Ivan Nunes
- Grimm Fairy Tales 2014 Halloween Special by Pat Shand, Joe Brusha, Ralph Tedesco, Dan Wickline, Butch Mapa, Hedwin Zaldivar, Jim Campbell, Mirka Andolfo and Andrea Dotta
- Hack-Slash: Son of Samhain #3 by Michael Moreci, Steve Seeley, Emilio Laiso, K. Michael Russell and CRANK!
- Hack-Slash: Son of Samhain #4 by Michael Moreci, Steve Seeley, Emilio Laiso, K. Michael Russell and CRANK!
- Marvel Now: Black Widow #11 by Nathan Edmondson, Phil Noto and VC’s Clayton Cowles
- Marvel Now: Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier #1 by Ales Kot, Marco Rudy and VC’s Clayton Cowles (Review)
- Marvel Now: Captain America #25 by Rick Remender, Carlos Pacheco, Stuart Immonen, Mariano Taibo, Wade von Grawbadger, Dean White, Veronica Gandini and Marte Gracia
- Marvel Now: Death of Wolverine #3 by Charles Soule, Steve McNiven, Jay Leisten, Juston Ponsor and Chris Eliopoulos (Review)
- Marvel Now: Edge of Spider-Verse #4 by Clay McLeod Chapman, Elia Bonetti, Veronica Gandini, VC’s Clayton Cowles and Garry Brown
- Marvel Now: Fantastic Four Annual #1 by James Robinson, Tom Grummett, Tom Palmer, Jim Charalampidis, VC’s Clayton Cowles, Greg Land, Jay Leisten and Nolan Woodard
- Marvel Now: Guardians 3000 #1 by Dan Abnett, Gerardo Sandoval, Edgar Delgado, VC’s Clayton Cowles and Alex Ross (Review)
- Marvel Now: Silver Surfer #6 by Dan Slott, Mike Allred, Laura Allred and VC’s Joe Sabino
- Marvel Now: Thor #1 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dautermann, Frank Martin, Matthew Wilson and VC’s Joe Sabino (Review)
- New 52: Batman: Eternal #26 by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Ray Fawkes, Kyle Higgens, Tim Seeley, R. M. Guerra, Giulia Brusco, Juan Ferreyra, Steve Wands, Clay Mann and Romulo Fajardo Jr.
- New 52: Future’s End #22 by Jeff Lemire, Brian Azzarello, Keith Giffen, Dan Jurgens, Patrick Zircher, Hi-Fi, Ryan Sook and Carlos M. Mangual (Review)
- New 52: Gotham Academy #1 by Becky Cloonan, Brenden Fletcher, Karl Kerschl, Geyser, Dave McCaig and Steve Wands (Review)
- New 52: Grayson #3 by Tom King, Tim Seeley, Mikel Janin, Jeromy Cox and Carlos M. Mangual (Review)
- New 52: Green Arrow #35 by Andrew Kreisberg, Ben Sokolowski, Daniel Sampere, Jonathan Glapion, Gabe Eltaeb, Rob Leigh, Bryan Hitch and Alex Sinclair
- New 52: Green Lantern & New Gods: Godhead #1 by Van Jensen, Robert Venditti, Justin Jordan, Charles Soule, Cullen Bunn, Ethan Van Sciver, Martin Coccolo, Goran Suozuka, Chriscross, Pete Woods, Marcelo Maiolo, Dave Sharpe, Francis Portela and Tomeu Morey (Review)
- New 52: Lobo #1 by Cullen Bunn, Reilly Brown, Nelson Decastro, Pete Pantazis and Travis Lanham
- New 52: Sensation Comics #8 by Neil Kleid, Dean Haspiel, Allen Passalaqua, Saida Temofonte and Adam Hughes (Review)
- Sirens #1 by George Perez, Leonardo Paciarotti and Ed Dukeshire
- The Damnation of Charlie Wormwood #1 by Christina Blanch, Chris Carr, Chee, Troy Peteri and Francesco Francavilla (Review)
- Vampirella v2 #5 by Nancy A. Collins, Patrick Berkenkotter, Jorge Sutil, Dennis Crisostomo, Rob Steen and Terry Dodson (Review)
- Witchblade #178 by Ron Marz, Laura Braga, Betsy Gonia and Troy Peteri (Review)
- Zombies vs Cheerleaders Halloween Special by Steve L. Frank, Ander Sarabia, Ben Hansen, Heather Finely, Bill Maus, Kat Maus, Ben Hansen, David Namisoto, Tracy Bailey and Autumn Worthington
Posted on October 9, 2014, in Comics Picks of the Week and tagged Adam Hughes, Age of Vikings, Agent 37, Ales Kot, Alex Ross, Alex Sinclair, Alice, Aliens, Allen Passalaqua, American Vampire, American Vampire: Second Cycle, American Vampire: Second Cycle #5, Ander Sarabia, Andrea Dotta, Andrew Kreisberg, Angel, Angel & Faith, Angel & Faith Season 10, Angel & Faith Season 10 #7, Apokolips, Armor Hunters, Armor Hunters: Aftermath #1, Armor Hunters; Aftermath, Arnim Zola, Arrow, Arrow Season 2.5, Arrow Season 2.5 #3, Autumn Worthington, Avengers, Barbara Gordon, Batgirl, Batman, Batman: Eternal, Batman: Eternal #26, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Halloween Special, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Halloween Special #1, BBC, Becky Cloonan, Ben Hansen, Ben Sokolowski, Betsy Gonia, Bill Maus, Black Magic, Black Widow, Black Widow #11, Boom Studios, Boston Brand, Brenden Fletcher, Brent Peeples, Brian Azzarello, Brian Reber, Brides of Helheim, Brides of Helheim #1, Bruce Wayne, Bryan Hitch, Bucky Barnes, Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier #1, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffyverse, Butch Mapa, CAFU, Caleb Monroe, Captain America, Captain America #25, Carlos M. Mangual, Carlos Pacheco, Cassie Hack, Charles Soule, Charlie Wormwood, Charlie-27, Chee, Chris Carr, Chris Eliopoulos, Chriscross, Christian DiBari, Christina Blanch, Clay Mann, Clay McLeod Chapman, Cloaks, Cloaks #2, Comicraft's Jimmy Betancourt, Comics, Comics Picks, Comics Picks of the Week, Craig Yeung, Crank!, Crime, Cullen Bunn, Cutter, Cutter #1, Czarnia, Czarnian, Dan Abnett, Dan Jurgens, Dan Slott, Dan Wickline, Daniel Sampere, Dark Horse Comics, Dark Magic, Darkseid, Dave McCaig, Dave Sharpe, David Namisoto, DC Comics, Deadman, Dean Haspiel, Dean White, Death of a Superhero, Death of Wolverine, Death of Wolverine #3, Dennis Crisostomo, Deron Bennett, Dick Grayson, Diego Bernard, Doctor Doom, Doctor Who: Eleventh Doctor, Doctor Who: Eleventh Doctor #3, Ed Dukeshire, Edgar Delgado, Edge of Spider-Verse, Edge of Spider-Verse #4, Eldgar Delgado, Elia Bonetti, Emilio Laiso, Espionage, Eternal Warrior, Ethan Van Sciver, Etta Candy, Fairy Tales, Faith Lehane, Falcon, Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four Annual, Fantastic Four Annual #1, Fantasy, Felicity Smoak, Female Protagonists, Female Superheroes, Female Thor, Female Warriors, Female-Led Comics, Fiction Squad, Fiction Squad #1, Firestorm, Francesca Zambon, Francesco Francavilla, Francis Portela, Frank Martin, Freyja, Frost Giants, Future's End, Future's End #22, Gabe Eltaeb, Gabriel Cassata, Galactus, Garry Brown, Gary Caldwell, George Perez, Gerardo Sandoval, Geyser, Giulia Brusco, Goran Suozuka, Gotham, Gotham Academy, Gotham Academy #1, Grayson, Grayson #3, Green Arrow, Green Arrow #35, Green Lantern, Green Lantern & New Gods, Green Lantern & New Gods: Godhead, Green Lantern & New Gods: Godhead #1, Green Lanterns, Greg Land, Gregory Wright, Grimm Fairy Tales 2014 Halloween Special, Grimm Fairy Tales: Masumi, Grimm Fairy Tales: Masumi: Blades of Sin #3, Guardians 3000, Guardians 3000 #1, Hack/Slash, Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain, Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain #3, Hack/Slash: Son of Samhain #4, Halloween, Harvey Tolibao, Hawkeye, Heather Finely, Hedwin Zaldivar, Helena Bertinelli, Helheim, Heroic Fantasy, Hi-Fi, Horror, Humpty-Dumpty, Image Comics, Iron Man, Ivan Nunes, Jackie Estacado, James Robinson, James Tynion IV, Jason Aaron, Jason Rusch, Jason Todd, Jay Leisten, Jeff Lemire, Jenny Romano, Jeph Loeb, Jeromy Cox, Jim Campbell, Jim Charalampidis, Joe Bennett, Joe Brusha, Joe Tyler, Joelle Jones, John Diggle, Jonathan Glapion, Jorge Sutil, Juan Ferreyra, Justice League, Justin Jordan, Juston Ponsor, K. Michael Russell, Karl Kerschl, Kat Maus, Kate Rooney, Keith Giffen, Keto Shimizu, Kitty Pryde, Kree, Kyle Higgens, Lady Deathstrike, Laura Allred, Laura Braga, League of Assassins, Leonardo Paciarotti, Livewire, Lobo, Lobo #1, Logan, Lois Lane, magic, Main Man, Malekith, Marc Guggenheim, Marcelo Maiolo, Marco Rudy, Mariano Navarro, Mariano Taibo, Marte Gracia, Martin Coccolo, Marvel Comics, Marvel Now, Masumi: Blades of Sin, Matias Bergara, Matthew Wilson, Michael Moreci, Michael Spicer, Michelle Madsen, Mico Suayan, Mighty Avengers, Mike Allred, Mikel Janin, Mirka Andolfo, Mister Minos, Monsters, Mutants, Nancy A. Collins, Natasha Romanoff, Nathan Edmondson, Neil Kleid, Nelson Decastro, New 52, New Gods, Nick Filardi, Nick Fury, Nightwing, Ninjak, Nolan Woodard, Norin Radd, Norse Gods, Norse Mythology, Odin, Olicity, Oliver Queen, Oni Press, Pat Shand, Patrick Berkenkotter, Patrick Zircher, Paul Jenkins, Pete Pantazis, Pete Woods, Peter Parker, Phil Noto, Pinocchio, R. M. Guerra, Ra's Al Ghul, Rafael Albuquerque, Ralph Tedesco, Ramon Bachs, Ray Fawkes, Red Hood, Red Robin, Reilly Brown, Richard Starkings, Rick Remender, Rob Leigh, Rob Steen, Rob Williams, Robert Place Napton, Robert Venditti, Romulo Fajardo Jr., Ron Marz, Ronnie Raymond, Roy Harper, Russell Dautermann, Ryan Sook, Saida Temofonte, Sam Wilson, Sara Pezzini, Scarecrow, Science Fiction, Scott Fischer, Scott Snyder, Seamus Kevin Fahey, Sensation Comics, Sensation Comics #8, Sergio Osuna, Shadowcat, Sharon Carter, SHIELD, Silver Surfer, Silver Surfer #6, Simon Fraser, Sirens, Sirens #1, Slayers, Space Opera, Spartax, Spider-Man, Spider-Verse, SPYRAL, Starhawk, Starkings, Steve L. Frank, Steve McNiven, Steve Rogers, Steve Seeley, Steve Wands, Stuart Immonen, Superheroes, Superman, Supernatural, Supervillains, Susan Storm, Szymon Kudranski, Television Tie-In, Terry Dodson, The Angelus, The Damnation of Charlie Wormwood, The Damnation of Charlie Wormwood #1, The Darkness, Thor, Thor #1, Thor Odinson, Tim Drake, Tim Sale, Tim Seeley, Titan Comics, Todd Klein, Tom Grummett, Tom King, Tom Palmer, Tomeu Morey, Top Cow Comics, Tracy Bailey, Travis Lanham, Troy Peteri, Urban Fantasy, Valeria Richards, Valiant Comics, Vampirella, Vampirella v2 #5, Vampires, Van Jensen, Vance Astro, VC's Clayton Cowles, VC's Joe Sabino, Verity Glass, Veronica Gandini, Vertigo Comics, Victor Gischler, W. Scott Forbes, Wade von Grawbadger, Warrior Women, Will Conrad, Winter Soldier, Witchblade, Witchblade #178, Wolverine, Women in Comics, Women In Urban Fantasy, Wonder Woman, X-23, X-Men, X-O Manowar, Yondu Udonta, Zenescope Entertainment, Zombies vs Cheerleaders Halloween Special. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.