Reading List Poll Addendum – Giveaway!
The response to my Reading List Poll has been tremendous so far, with almost 400 votes in from dozens of folks. It’s been really fun to see how the standings have worked out over the last few days, and it appears that the top 6 are mostly locked in. Thing is though, I want to spice it all up a bit and add some more excitement to the whole thing.
So this is what I’m going to do.
- At 425 votes, I will share a piece of news that I’ve been sitting on for the last couple weeks. It relates to my growth as both a blogger and a reviewer, so it goes without saying that I’m seriously very excited about this.
- At 450 votes, I will do another reading poll for March, and this will be for comics instead of novels. This should be rather interesting, given the medium, and I’m looking forward to seeing how this develops.
- At 475 votes, I will make sure to read all the top 10 books on the poll for next month, and review them as well. This is gonna be a tough one, but I’m all for it, if you all can get me to that level!
- At 500 votes, I will do an eBook giveaway for a selection of titles (as yet undecided) from some of the publishers who are on the reading list poll (the publishers, not the books on the reading list!). This is my first time doing a giveaway, so this is even more excitement on top of everything else.
That’s what I’ve got. What do you think? Any suggestion as to other vote levels? Or anything else? Tell me in the comments!
Update: The Giveaway details
The giveaway will start on the 1st February, and run till midnight on 7th February. There will be a separate post for it.
These are the books I’m offering for the giveaway, to provide incentive for more voting (guilty as charged!) —
- Black Library – Short story pack that includes Josh Reynolds’ Gotrek & Felix: Berthold’s Beard, Anthony Reynolds’ Horus Heresy: Dark Heart, Mike Lee’s Nagash: Picking The Bones, and Gav Thorpe’s Dark Angels: Battle Brothers.
- Black Library – one pick from Josh Reynolds’ Gotrek & Felix: Road of Skulls and Gav Thorpe’s Dark Angels: Ravenwing.
- Tor Books – One pick from Kendare Blake’s Anna Dressed in Blood and David Brin’s Existence.
- Solaris Books – One pick from James Lovegrove’s Age of Ra and Jonathan Strahan’s anthology Engineering Infinity.
- Del Rey Books – Rob Reid’s Year Zero.
The Reading List Poll
If you take a look over at my “Reading List” page, you’ll see that I’m pretty much busy till the end of the month as far as reading concerned. In about ten days, I will start working out my reading for the next month. Usually, I just make a list of ARCs (whether print or digital) that I have, as well as other books I want to read and hash out a list of about 10 or so that I find interesting enough.
This time, I thought I’d do something different. I’m going to do a poll on this, and give you guys some options to help me pick what books I should read. I’m intentionally making this a list of 20 so that there’s a fair bit of competition going on. On midnight 31st January I will pick the top 10 off the list and that’s what I’ll be reading, in order of votes cast.
Who knows, I might even make it some sort of a regular feature! One other request: please leave a comment as to why you picked a certain book. It will be much appreciated!
Options after the break!