So the month is coming to an end and, in all honesty, it has been quite the ride in terms of both my reading and writing. As I mentioned in my end of December blogpost here, I had certain writing goals in mind that I was going to be sticking to for the new year and when I wrote everything down, my writing goals were quite ambitious. Later on, I posted here about my reading goals for the year as well and these two were equally ambitious, if not more so. Given that the first month is about to end, I thought I’d take the time to review those goals and see where I am currently in accomplishing those goals.
NaNoWriMo may have ended but the pressure is still there, more so than before since I have to coordinate a bunch of different things for different things!
1. The Founding Fields – I have, at last count, something like 6 book reviews overdue. Yes, that includes Nathan Long’s Bloodborn and Bloodorged novels which I read this week.
2. 24FPS – I have at least 2-3 movie reviews overdue here. Really lagging behind that one since My DCAU reviews thing is still incomplete!
3. The Bloghole – Have contacted 7 more authors, 2 of them courtesy Pyroriffic, for interviews for the blog. While I await for answer from 2 of them, I have to get questions ready for the other 5!!!! However, I am helped, hopefully, by the fact that I opened up a thread on the Bolthole here so that I can tap into the forum’s collective mind and get some questions from there.
4. The Bloghole, again – Guest posts, guest posts, we need more content! I have a couple coming up that are just waiting to be posted, but again, I want to tap into the community as well. So if you want to contribute, and you really should because I love blogging apparently, then check out the thread for this here.
5. Sons of Corax the FanFic – Been almost a month since I worked on this. Really itching to get back on track with this and pump out the requisite 3-4 chapters I have planned up. Lots and lots of exciting stuff.
6. Sons of Corax the Blog – Hell of a lot of good articles on twitter recently regarding writing, editing, Scrivener, publishing, being a writer, how to be a writer and so on and on. I keep bookmarking all of it and I just need a super-duper cathartic release for all of this.
7. Buy Scrivener – Considering that I won NaNoWriMo last month, I am now entitled to a 50% discount on the software. Which means that instead of paying $40, I pay only $20. What’s not to love?
8. Nevermet Press – They have an ongoing submissions window for the Stories in the Ether anthology. Without giving away TMI, just go here. Anyways, I am working on a short story for this which is a spin-off of the novel I wrote for NaNoWriMo. Will see how it goes!
9. Reading – I have to finish reading Atlas Infernal, Caledor, Dragonmage, Warcraft: Beyond the Dark Portal and something else that I am forgetting at the moment.
So yeah, all that. And the majority of that, like 9 of those things, needs to be done before the end of the month. Fun!
Oh wait! Forgot something! I have to enter RiaR too!! The theme for this month is “Savage“. I think I have an idea for this but we shall see!